"Families Are Like Fudge.....

mostly sweet with a few nuts" Families Are Like Fudge......: Fathers Day

Jun 18, 2006
Fathers Day
I can't say that I've ever had a good relationship with my dad. I can remember when I was little before my parents were divorced being daddy's little girl. Somewhere that changed into a very uncomfortable relationship. The only time I talk to him is if I need something, for holidays, or our yearly trip out to Colorado. It seems that everytime we speak it just gets weirder.

I called to wish him a happy fathers day and this is about how it went.

Me: Hi Happy Fathers Day
Him: Thank You
Silence
Me: So when would be a good day to get together when we are out there
Him: Well the boys (my brothers for those who don't know) are leaving on the 8th. So anytime would be okay.
Me: okay we have plans on these days. Which day would be best for you.
Him: Anytime would be okay.

Let me tell you this is about how the conversation went for another few minutes before I gave up on getting an answer out of him. I omitted some akward silence in there to save some time but you gett the picture. Our conversations are always like that. Why is it that I can't seem to have a "normal" conversation with him. I can say that growing up we never really talked much either. I just lived in his house because I had no other choice. I always felt like I was always in the way and that they let me live there because they had to. Anytime I needed something I worried about asking for it for days before I would ask. I would try to think of ways to get what I needed without having to ask my dad and step mom. Honestly most of the time I did find a way. Either I would get a babysitting job or ask my mom to get it for me so I didn't have to talk to them.

I just wanted to get that off my mind. Have a great day.
posted by The Ultimate Nut @ 1:29 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Name: Audi
Home: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I was born in Colorado. Lived in Greeley until 2001 and moved to Oklahoma (yes of all places.) I tell people that my car broke down here and I haven't gotten the money to get it fixed. People actually believe me. I miss home but going there every once in a while cures me of that and reminds me of why I left. Though most of my good friends are still there. With the exception of one. She also thought leaving would be a great idea. Though why she left for Washington State is beyond me. Love yah Megs. I also have two wonderful children and a husband that could be counted as a third but I love him too. With them, work and life I just can't seem to keep up, though some how I seem to do a pretty good job at it.
See my complete profile
Kids and Hubby Pics

These are our two charming children March 2007
Hubby and I Christmas 2006
Blogs I Frequent
Blogs I'm Trying on for Size
Blogs I Miss Reading
My Favorite Web Pages
    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
    Myspace Layouts

Previous Post
Archives