"Families Are Like Fudge.....

mostly sweet with a few nuts" Families Are Like Fudge......: Pass

Jan 2, 2008
Pass
I have lived in the Oklahoma City area now for 6 1/2 years. For those 6 1/2 years I have lived without a PikePass until today. I now am part of the turnpike world. I now have in my front windshield a lil device that allows me to drive on a road without having to stop and pay.
Though the turnpike was built before I moved here and was supposed to have been paid for by now they still charge us to use it. The toll booths are still there. The few attendants are still there. We are still paying.
The thing I find most sad about this is that Oklahoma is the crossroad to the country. Two of the major highways go through Oklahoma. We are the only state to have two interstates that go from one side of the country to the other. I-35 goes from Mexico to Canada and I-40 goes from the East to the West coasts. The only way to get in or out of Oklahoma without paying is I-35 by Texas or on I-40 either direction. Which leaves having to pay on I-44 either direction to enter or exit Oklahoma or to pay Kansas on there turnpike.

I have joined the group. I still refuse to conform!!!!

I'm done ranting for now

Labels: , ,

posted by The Ultimate Nut @ 11:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Name: Audi
Home: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I was born in Colorado. Lived in Greeley until 2001 and moved to Oklahoma (yes of all places.) I tell people that my car broke down here and I haven't gotten the money to get it fixed. People actually believe me. I miss home but going there every once in a while cures me of that and reminds me of why I left. Though most of my good friends are still there. With the exception of one. She also thought leaving would be a great idea. Though why she left for Washington State is beyond me. Love yah Megs. I also have two wonderful children and a husband that could be counted as a third but I love him too. With them, work and life I just can't seem to keep up, though some how I seem to do a pretty good job at it.
See my complete profile
Kids and Hubby Pics

These are our two charming children March 2007
Hubby and I Christmas 2006
Blogs I Frequent
Blogs I'm Trying on for Size
Blogs I Miss Reading
My Favorite Web Pages
    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
    Myspace Layouts

Previous Post
Archives